You know those hot summer days when you've finished a nutritious meal, and you and your significant other(s) are hanging out on the porch swing? And you're wanting something with just a little sweetness..that's what these delectable ices are good for.
No blowing your myfitnesspal.com daily calorie level out of the water.
Tasty, and just a bit stylish really. Ooh, lala. I think the French say that.
- 2 cups real-deal non-concentrate 100% organic pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly squeezed juice from your prettiest lemon (life's too short for it not to be pretty)
- 1/4 c local honey (Also, not from a shiny bear. Am I a little bossy today?)
- 1/4 c fresh sliced pineapple
Pour juices and honey into a medium size clean bowl. Whisk together and pour into a freezable container (I used a tall Tupperware). Freeze overnight. When ready to serve, scrape it into a frosted glass. Top with fresh mint & pineapple slices.
I also happily created a tart cherry granita:
- 2 c 110% organic tart cherry juice **Athletes! *Serious Exercisers! Listen up to what fellow sports RD, Marcia has to say about tart cherry juice!!
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (another pretty one, please)
- 1/4 c organic agave nectar
- 12 organic fresh cherries (12 fresh cherries=1 fruit serving, by the way)
Pour juices and nectar into a medium size clean bowl. Whisk together and pour into a freezable container. Freeze overnight or at least for 2-3 hours. You want a flaky ice texture. When ready to serve, scrape it into a frosted glass. *If toooo frozen, microwave for 30-45 seconds, then serve. I added thyme and lime to mine. It was sublime.
Tell your friends and family it's just something you whipped together. They'll be impressed.
All you need is a 1/2 cup serving for each person. Freeze the rest for up to 3 days.